19 February 2011

Umm..I lied.

Wow. I didn't even post two Thursdays in a row.

Can you believe this weather? It was so beautiful in Beaver Falls two days in a row. When the weather is that nice I can't stay indoors. We played volleyball in the sand and took walks. I just wanted to close my eyes and soak it all in (I know that sounded cliche but I knew it wasn't going to last long). And sure enough today it got cold again. It is supposed to be even colder tomorrow. These past couple of days were like a tease or maybe a reminder of what we can look forward to when it is actually Spring.

This past week was not only full of nice weather but also good movies. I watched Good Will Hunting for the second time. Definitely one of my favorite movies. I love how the Psychologist shows his love for his wife. I definitely hope someone loves me like that someday. The other movie was Oh Brother Where Art Thou. I knew this was a good movie but no one ever told me what it was about. I was so surprised and yet thrilled. Such a funny movie. I loved the random music and Delmar. "We thought you was a toad.." :). I think my life has been fulfilled after seeing that movie...well not really but you know what I mean.

This has been a crazy weekend not only because we watched the crazy movie Oh Brother Where Art Thou but because of the disaster of google maps. This morning at around 11:00 we left to go shopping. Sylvia, Ariel, Steph, Jenny, and I are all staying at Mim's house to watch their dog while her and her family are visiting their sister in Philadelphia. We decided to go shopping at Marshall's and Ross Park Mall. We made it to both of those places safe and sound. But after shopping we wanted to get a bite to eat. I suggested Cracker Barrel because I could get 20% off and so that is where we decided to go. Ariel put the address into her iPhone and we left. Well the google map's app on her phone took us to the middle of some random houses outside of Pittsburgh. We didn't really know where we were. But we were starving so we kept driving for a half hour until we found a seafood restaurant that looked pretty good. We went in, the waiter seated us, and then we looked at the menus...$20 a plate??? We knew we couldn't afford that so we nonchalantly walked out. I was so embarrassed but I don't think anyone noticed except probably our waiter when he came back to an empty table. We walked down the sidewalk to a random Pizza Joint and made sure the prices were to our liking before we even went in (the menu was taped to the door). Although not as nice as the seafood place, the food and service was splendid. After going way out of our way for Cracker Barrel we ended up eating and enjoying Calzones and Hoagies. It was a very weird evening. But we made it back to Mim's house okay.

We are heading back to Beaver Fall's tomorrow afternoon. I miss my room and my bed. I am tired of being gone or having someone over every weekend. It would be nice just to have one chill weekend. But I am soooo looking forward to having my sister come up and stay with me in a week. Hopefully we can find something fun to do on campus while she is here.

Well I must be going to bed.

- Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment