27 October 2010

Geneva Women's Rugby :)

Dictionary.com's definition of rugby: Rugby footballa form offootball, played between two teams of 15 members each,that differs from soccer in freedom to carry the ball, blockwith the hands and arms, and tackle, and is characterized chiefly by continuous action and prohibition against the use of substitute players. One of the first things I wanted to do since coming to Geneva is to check out the rugby team. I have heard about this sport and knew that Geneva had a team. And so a couple of weeks into the semester I decided to look into it. I was put on their email list and then I was on the team. The first couple weeks I was utterly confused as to where and what I was supposed to be doing on the field. But after a while I got used to it. I played my first game and realized that this is the best sport ever. I have never had so much fun. I am really looking forward to this weekend. Our team is playing in a Halloween Tournament and we get to dress up :). It should be fun!

The second game of the season; Clarion vs. Geneva


The Clarion and Geneva Scrum


That is me in black in the midst of all the yellow


More scrum


I love our spiffy jerseys


Praying after the game


My cheer team of peewee football players :)

6 comments:

  1. Very cool. So do you play League or Union rules?

    I'm a bit jealous you get to run around and tackle people every week.

    -b

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO ADDIE!!! hehe You look so popular! :D hehe
    Love You!!!

    Janaroo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandon: We are part of USA rugby. I think we play by Union rules.

    Janaroo: Thank you deary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Addie Woodie!

    You go girl! You look so tough and like you're having a blast! :) Do you just play in the fall or is it a spring sport as well?

    Miss you bunches,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very Welcome Addie! You are also very much missed. <3

    Love, Hugs and Kisses:)

    Miss ya

    Janaroo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you are enjoying it! Very spiffy uniforms! :-)

    ReplyDelete